Friday, October 12, 2007

Sweet

So yesterday, I had a meeting with Tecumseh. I told him what I wanted to do my research on and he told me that, magically, that was the subject of a grant he has. So, by sometime next week I should be "employed". By that I mean I should be getting paid to do research work that I want to do anyway for my own thesis. Yahoo, free money!

As a happy side effect of this arrangement, I no longer have to pay my 8 billion dollar Overseas Student tuition, because student employees of the school working in excess of 18.21 hours per week are exempt from tuition. More free money!

I'm also excited about the schooling prospects in terms of the project I've taken on. It sounds like it's going to be really cool. It also sounds like I'm going to have to program things, ugh, but I think it's in Python, and I also think that Python is probably pretty easy. I would try to explain what I'm studying but my recent attempts to do so have mostly made people more confused.

Went out last night in search of hot guys slash potential marriage material for my flatmate. The mission was unsuccessful, largely due to the fact that all the attractive men here are 17 years old. Which is actually pretty okay by me.

P.S. I'm about 97% sure I saw Cedric Diggory walking around on South Street this afternoon. Not sure why he was in a Madras College high school uniform though...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i believe your prof made it to this language log a couple days ago (oct. 14th). the writer isn't very flattering about him though...

http://itre.cis.upenn.edu/~myl/languagelog/

Urvashi said...

the flamate being mentioned is me! btw, i did spot some cute guys but i guess we shld check their hotness potental before we emback on digging any further details aout them... considering the fact that she vetos anyone i find cute, even if its fr jus a min!
PS - the bridegroom hunt was joandi's idea!!!

Unknown said...

Shil, while you're out looking for hot guys for your flatmate (a totally worthy endeavor) keep your eyes open for a Scot for me. They need to be older than 17, but only marginally (18 is okay, if they are uber attractive, ha ha ha)

Paul Louis said...

Dude, the hot Scots are in Japan. I've met a few. They're teaching English.