Monday, October 22, 2007

shopping!

On Saturday, Joandi, Lani, Urvashi, and I went to Dundee for some shopping. Dundee itself is rather industrial and not the awesomest of cities, but it is a city, and that's a pretty big deal coming from St Andrews. I think we only had about 4 hours of shopping time when you factor in the 30 minute bus ride either way and lunch, but in that small amount of time I managed to acquire the largest amount of goods ever. I know it's a fad, but I think I have jumped onto the Primark bandwagon. Shopping in there is so much fun because you can pretty much buy anything you like, since it will undoubtedly cost a humorously small sum. A nice little outlet for my hedonistic shopping tendencies.

Shopping in Dundee was my first venture out of St Andrews since getting here. That being said, there are lots of opportunities to get out of town and see some other parts of Scotland. This Friday, I'm going on a trip to the Edinburgh zoo organized by the undergraduate Psychology Society, and a few weeks from now there's a trip to the Edinburgh Castle which is looking mighty tempting. A bunch of the Psychology departments in Scotland have created a program together in which training sessions for first-years are conducted at a different campus every month. It's all paid for by the department, so there's really no excuse not to go - the first one's in Glasgow.

And then of course, there's the rest of Europe that requires exploring: France, Germany, Hungary, Poland, Greece...

2 comments:

Lemur said...

Amusing factoid:

My only* quirk is that I say the word 'shopping' just like Koffing from Pokemon says his name.

*for amusingly poor definitions of the word only

Paul Louis said...

Yesterday I was talking to a British girl who told me the most awesome thing ever.

If you go to Stockholm, and you take the ferry from Stockholm to Helsinki, then it's just a booze cruise. What's awesome about it is that fights often break out.

Now, according to her, there are bar fights, then there's Scandinavian bar fights, with chairs and stuff getting thrown around. HOW COOL IS THAT?!